Friday, December 12, 2008

Sad news

Most of you probably haven't heard, but there is a new ruling, bill, whatever you call those political things that is going to require handmade items, like my hair clips, to be tested for lead and whatever else is harmful. Anyways, it's going to force me to have to close down my little Sassy Bows Boutique. There is no way I'm paying for the testing and there is no way I'm going to get slapped with a huge fine. My shop is currently closed for the holidays, but when I open it back up in January, I will start to list my supplies to get rid of some of that. I will keep some of it so I can take it out if I need to make something for Brynn, but most of it will be sold. I was hoping to make it a year at least, and even more, but something beyond my control is forcing me to close it down.

So a word to the wise, if you love to buy stuff for your kids on etsy (i.e. bows, toys, etc.), buy it now, because it may not be there come February and March!

5 comments:

DEH said...

Bummer Kelli, but congrats nonetheless for making it last this long!

Kevin said...

Ditto to what he said :( & :)

tara said...

aww... kelli, that stinks! i've enjoyed your bows for sure!

Vanessa said...

Aww, I'm sorry that's happened. Best of luck with that, Kelli.

On another note, did I totally steal your blog layout? :( Sorry... I will change mine tonight. :)

Evelyn ~ Evelina said...

That sucks...they are such cute bows.