Saturday, January 10, 2009

Spinning





Dan said that whenever I start doing something new, I always immerse myself in it! That's exactly what I'm doing with knitting! I figured I wanted to try to spin my own yarn. It's so neat to see how they turn out when you are done. I am still learning, so there is a lot of thick and thin, but I'm practicing and getting better. I've been buying hand spun yarn on etsy and I just love it! It seems like once you knit with hand spun, it's hard to go back to commercial spun.

Speaking of knitting, check out my shop! I listed my first 3 items this morning!

http://www.loopyknitsboutique.etsy.com

2 comments:

DAX said...

I think it's totally cool that you're selling your stuff. I didn't know there was a site like that. I'll have to give some serious consideration to selling some pillows there myself. That is, if I can make more than I wanna give away for Christmas! LOL

Teri H said...

This looks so cool! I can't wait to see how you do it! How do you make a LONG yarn... what you are working with looks short... I know, you can just show me the next time we see each other...